Pesquisar neste blogue

ENGLISH IS FUN!

Hi everyone!
Hope you like my blog and learn something from it... Enjoy your time spent here!

Páginas

quarta-feira, 30 de novembro de 2011

"An adventure in the Amazon rainforest", by Fernando Jorge Pinheiro da Silva - 8ºC

Last month I went on a holiday to Brazil. No, if you think that I travelled alone, you’re wrong. Me and my friends got some money from a contest at school and then we had this fantastic idea to go on a holiday to Brazil with our science teacher. So back to the story, we stayed in a hotel, the cheapest that we found. On the first day we visited some beaches and Cristo Rei, but on the second day, we wanted to have a fantastic adventure. Our science teacher thought it was an excellent idea but dangerous too. We talked with our parents too and they all disagreed with our idea. Then, we started to think in another “way” to go there. Our science teacher said that if we keep it in secret, we could go to the Amazon forest. We agreed and went there. On the second day we got up really early and our teacher took us to the rainforest. We were 5, with our teacher 6, and we found a guide. She showed us a lot of animals but we had to be careful or they could attack. I was taking some photos and they were going too fast. I wasn’t too worried about it because if we get lost we should go to the entry. Some minutes after I took the photos, I noticed that I was lost. I tried to get back, but I didn’t memorize where the entry was. Now, I was really afraid and someone was stalking me. I was really, really scared. They didn’t stop to follow me. They asked what was I doing in their village and I told them that I was lost. They didn’t hurt me. I asked them if they had anything to drink and they gave me some water. They took care of me while I was there and they wanted to give me some leopard meat. I told them that I just didn’t eat meat. They understood my choice. Some hours later I heard some sounds. It were my friends! The tribe was grateful for trying our food, and I tought them some words in English too! It was time to go and to come back to Portugal. I will miss them a lot. It was a great adventure, and maybe I’ll be back.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário