Pesquisar neste blogue

ENGLISH IS FUN!

Hi everyone!
Hope you like my blog and learn something from it... Enjoy your time spent here!

Páginas

quinta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2012

Job: astronomer

Teaching is sometimes very hard. But students like this one prevent us from giving up or losing hope.
Thank you for being interested in learning.
Maria Antónia, English teacher.


 Hi, my name is Sofia and I am an astronomer. I have a very busy day.

In the morning I have to study the stars. Today I’m studying the Sun and the Earth. I go to the laboratory to study the Earth’s composition. I haven’t discovered it yet but I know that one day I will.

After that I study something else. I calculate the distances between the stars (the Sun and the Earth). I finish my work and then go home.
I travel very much because my home is in Portugal and the laboratory is in the USA. Of course that I don’t travel every day from Portugal to the USA because I rented a house in Los Angeles, but the laboratory is in New York. I travel from Los Angeles to New York. I don’t care about the distance because I love my work in spite of being difficult. I like difficult things; I think that is why I love my job.




Ana Sofia Pereira Gomes, 7ºH


1 comentário:

  1. Só podia ser teu Sofia, agora que o leio, sei que está demais. És a melhor!!! :) Filipa

    ResponderEliminar